• Advertisement

Introduce yourself!

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby Farmer » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Hi all
Ray from Mpumalanga, got my first quad copter and loving every minute of it. Not using the camera yet, have taken it off and just learning to fly, you tube is a great resource! Did my first banking turn yesterday with no problems :woot:
Farmer

Postby xselseven » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Well done farmer. Enjoy

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
xselseven

Postby Inevitability » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Hello!
I am an old n00b to drones :? :shock: :hmmm:
I bought a Chinese quadcopter a few years ago and tried to learn to fly (...so that makes me "old" with RC), but I never got the hang of it and gave up (which makes me still a n00b)
Now I'm giving it another try.

Waiting for my FuriBee F36 to arrive from China (gonna take a month, I expect).
Until then I'm just watching YouTube and reading forum threads.

I'd like to get to the point where I can take some nice aerial video. Placed an order for an MJX Bugs 3, for when I've learned to fly properly, and I'd like to get a GitUp Git2.
Sadly, the value of the Rand makes it really difficult for a grown man with kids to throw $100 at a toy :(
But ya... that's where I'm at.
Inevitability

Postby xselseven » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:45 pm

I know what you mean re the roe. Very painful indeed. I am also a total noob. But finally getting the hang of it, sort of :)
I find going back and forth with the rear end facing me is working out, plus now left and right is also workable.
I am currently working on a turning left and right and returning to myself facing forward, and that is a real mind bender!

xselseven

Postby Inevitability » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:24 pm

xselseven wrote:I know what you mean re the roe. Very painful indeed. I am also a total noob. But finally getting the hang of it, sort of :)
I find going back and forth with the rear end facing me is working out, plus now left and right is also workable.
I am currently working on a turning left and right and returning to myself facing forward, and that is a real mind bender!

Maybe you've seen it already but I saw this video by Quadcopter101 on YouTube that I plan to follow..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_JarhVoq1A
And this one is meant to be a skill to learn after mastering the basics...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdYTCfjUVVo
Inevitability

Postby xselseven » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Devon, sorry, I only saw your post now.
I would start with Google, and it will surely point you in the right direction, and then if your phone is android you can search in Google play for all similar apps, and you will get lucky for sure.
Let us know how you get on.

xselseven

Postby xselseven » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:50 pm

Inevitably, I have seen some quadcopter101 videos, but not all. He also has an old blog that has some tips. I found it via Google of course.

xselseven

Postby JeanCPT » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi guys,

I'm new to drone flying. Never flown a drone before. I just ordered on online about a week ago, so I guess it's gonna get interesting.
Should probably buy some duct tape as well!

I ordered a Xiaomi Mi Drone. Really hope it's good. Could not justify spending DJI money.
JeanCPT

Postby Inevitability » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:08 pm

JeanCPT wrote:Hi guys,

I'm new to drone flying. Never flown a drone before. I just ordered on online about a week ago, so I guess it's gonna get interesting.
Should probably buy some duct tape as well!

I ordered a Xiaomi Mi Drone. Really hope it's good. Could not justify spending DJI money.

Hi Jean
I'm a n00b myself and the one piece of advice I've seen given repeatedly to us beginners is : never start with your valuable drone.
Might I humbly suggest that you buy a small (almost disposable) quadcopter and learn the basics of how these things fly.
I ordered a FuriBee F36 for $14 :D
If I crash it 10 times and it's complete toast, I could just drop another $14 and keep learning.
No disrespect intended ... you might be an excellent fast learner and able to quickly grasp the way the stick movements translate to the drone movement. But if you're a normal human being, it's gonna take some time... and I'd hate to see a fellow beginner lose/crash a R5k drone
Please take the above comments in the spirit it is intended: As a humble suggestion, drawn from what I've read and watched so far while I wait for my trainer quadcopter to arrive from China
Inevitability

Postby JeanCPT » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:50 am

Hi Inevetable,

That is a damn fine idea. I'm off to do some shopping.
The 'just wing it' approach might not be best.
Thanks for the great advise.
JeanCPT

PreviousNext

Return to ***START HERE (Introduce yourself)***