• Advertisement

Introduce yourself!

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby GarethRens » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:21 am

Hey Dale!

Welcome to SA Drones! What would you like help with?

G:)
http://www.stuffinc.co.za
We sell all kinds of stuff, including multi-rotor UAV/Drones :ugeek:
GarethRens
Site Admin

Postby chip » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:58 am

GarethRens wrote:Hey Dale!

Welcome to SA Drones! What would you like help with?

G:)

Hi Gareth,

I was looking at building this quadcopter...http://axelsdiy.brinkeby.se/airplanes/quad/quad.html

I need help sourcing the Flight Control Board, probably a KK2.0 or 2.1. I see HK sells them but they are always on backorder, anyone got these locally?

Also looking for an alternative to the hexTronic DT750 motors.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dale
chip

Postby Val1ant » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:53 pm

Sup guys,
Glad to have found this site...I have been crawling the interwebs for a decent place to source information from.

Anyway! I am a software developer from Cape town.

Currently building my first multicopter... :D
Val1ant

Postby Botha » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:47 am

Hi I`mCobus,I live in Cape Town area,new to multirotors,but not new to aviation.really amazed by the technology in these macines?stunning place for aerial photo`s and filming
:woot:
Botha

Postby DavidC » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:41 pm

Hello All.
Used to do some RC flying many moons ago. Based in Bloemfontein. The company I work for is in the process of down sizing so I need to find another means to support myself.
I am exploring the possibility of getting involved with aerial photograpy and or any other application for a UAV/Multi rotor. Need some info from people in the know. Looking at getting a decent set-up if there is a market. ny advise would be great.
DavidC

Postby DavidC » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:51 pm

DavidC wrote:Hello All.
Used to do some RC flying many moons ago. Based in Bloemfontein. The company I work for is in the process of down sizing so I need to find another means to support myself.
I am exploring the possibility of getting involved with aerial photograpy and or any other application for a UAV/Multi rotor. Need some info from people in the know. Looking at getting a decent set-up if there is a market. ny advise would be great.

Some info on suppliers as well as guidance wrt platform to use will be welcome.
DavidC

Postby Sling » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:23 am

Hello everyone.
My name is Gerhard and I live in Boksburg Gauteng. I have a quad with a GoPro mounted and really enjoy flying and wathcing the footage afterwards.

My current setup is as follows:

Go Pro Hero 3
Futaba 8J
X550 Hobbyking Frame
DJI NAZA M LITE (I gave up on my mutliwii pro)
30 AMP Multistar ESC's
4S 2200 MAH LIPO's

Glad I found this forum because I have been learning most quad related things from google and youtube :yes:
Sling

Postby yash0505 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:44 pm

name's yash... dentist from durban who's been living in the bundu of Standerton for the last few years. convinced my fiancee to buy me a phantom 2 vision for valentine's day 2014 and i've been an amateur quad copter fan ever since :-)
yash0505

Postby jdn » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Hey hey

Names Jan,

Living in Cape Town now and started flying a quadrocopter last year (DJI Phantom v1) while living in Ho CHi Minh City, Vietnam.

First ever RC flying anything so still fairly noob :-p

Current setup:

DJI Phantom v1
Tarot 3D gimbal
GoPro 3 Balack
TS351 / RC305 200MW 5.8ghz fpv set
CP immercionRC antennas
7" lcd mounted to my controler
jdn

Postby GreenyZA » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:04 am

Hi Guys

My name is Johann. Located in PTA.
I'm a Business Analyst / BI Developer for a coms company in JHB so I don't have too much time for flying and playing around in the week but I do tend to make a little bit of 'play time' every night just to keep my brain from burning up.

I've been flying on and off for the last year or so. Started with the steep learning curve of a variable pitch heli and then did a scratch build Depron based F14 plane. Been flying these when I had time and learned a lot from other forums. I've decided that it's time to build my own quad from scratch. I have just ordered the parts and as soon as they arrive I'll do some pics and perhaps a couple of videos of the build.

There seem to be a lot of knowledgeable people here and I'll need some help with the onboard video recording project I want to mount on the quad, but I'll do that in a different post during the course of the day. I think I might need some assistance with the controller board as well .. but we'll get there when we get there :D

Although I have ordered a frame for my first quad, I'm busy building a 3D Autocad model of custom frame I would like to have CNC'ed some day. I'm unfortunately at a point in the design where I need measurements of a couple of things so I need to wait for my parts to arrive before I can continue. I have found a company in JHB that is willing to mill basically any part for me from pretty much any material I wish. I'm still doing research in terms of materials but I'll also keep you guys posted on the progress of that little project.

That's that for now ... chat soon.

G
GreenyZA

PreviousNext

Return to ***START HERE (Introduce yourself)***