• Advertisement

Deep Reaper flying wing

Discussion about airplane designs and kits

Re: Deep Reaper flying wing

Postby hennisdk » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:51 pm

GarethRens wrote:This thread and ESPECIALLY the top video has inspired me to buy a foamy and learn to fly fixed wing! :woot:

My multiplex twin-star is arriving tomorrow :woot:
hennisdk

Postby DanZ » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:05 pm

I feel the same Gareth! The feeling is even worse when you see it in person :hmmm:
DanZ

Postby JohanMoelich » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:09 pm

GarethRens wrote:This thread and ESPECIALLY the top video has inspired me to buy a foamy and learn to fly fixed wing! :woot:

If you're looking for people to fly combat with, count me out! I love my planes too much to put them through that kind of abuse, unbreakable or not... :shock:
JohanMoelich

Postby GarethRens » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Im thinking a flying wing covered in razor blades for combat, with proximity sensors that are connected to acetone spray nozzles! :twisted:
http://www.stuffinc.co.za
We sell all kinds of stuff, including multi-rotor UAV/Drones :ugeek:
GarethRens
Site Admin

Postby JohanMoelich » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:37 pm

hennisdk wrote:My multiplex twin-star is arriving tomorrow :woot:

Hennis, did you get your Twinstar? We want lots of build pics and videos!
JohanMoelich

Postby JohanMoelich » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Today my Deep Reaper died and gone to FPV heaven. I was flying along about 300m up when it started going into a spiral dive. I had control only to the one side, which makes me think a servo went poof. I had video all the way down until impact, where it hit a driveway in the neighbourhood next to the field I was flying at. I drove up and down several times but can't find it. I think it's behind a solid gate so I can't see it from the road. Hopefully the owners will call me when they get home (yes, my number is on it!). Unfortunately my DVR didn't record the video for some unknown reason, so I have nothing to go back on, and no GPS coords from the DragonOSD to use.
Even if someone finds it and call me, I think it will be a complete wreck. It went straight down at about 80km/h into a solid driveway. It's not going to look very good.

Last edited by JohanMoelich on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohanMoelich

Postby DanZ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:59 pm

:cry:

It was not a very good sight to see it spiralling down to the ground like that, I'm still bummed for you mate.
DanZ

Postby JohanMoelich » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:50 pm

It's a risk we take every time we fly. I'm okay with it, just a pity I don't have video of its last flight.
Last edited by JohanMoelich on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohanMoelich

Postby Geko » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:45 am

Johan

Sorry about the crash!

Try recuva...
http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download/standard
to recover a corrupted file off your DVR.
Sometimes an abrupt end to video transmission causes the Japan-FPV DVR's to "hang".
If you needed to do a battery removal on your DVR afterwards to re-boot, then this is highly likley.
Avoid using the DVR until you have tried to recover the corrupt file otherwise any recoverable data will be over-written.

Whereabouts was the crash?

Cheers
Geko

Postby JohanMoelich » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:59 am

Hi, thanks for the tip but I already tried Recuva. It didn't find anything else on the card except the previous video. The flight before the last one stopped recording halfway through, but there was still enough space on the SD card. I have half of the previous flight which is playable in certain players. The FPV-Japan DVR looked like it was still recording, there's just not anything on the card.
JohanMoelich

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft Platforms