• Advertisement

Cracked software

Discussions related to RC Software

Cracked software

Postby GarethRens » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:15 am

Whats everyones feelings on cracked software? I have some awesome cracked simulators, but dont want to share if any1s gonna get upset with regards to the whole piracy thing.
Im a firm believer in freedom of information. Although at the same time, if you can afford to buy the software you should and it should never be resold under any circumstances.

You're no better than those robot standing dvd salement if you sell pirated software. I see no real moral dilemma sharing stuff thats already on the net, provided you do it for free!
Its no different than sending someone a youtube link to a metallica song ;)

Share and enjoy!

G
http://www.stuffinc.co.za
We sell all kinds of stuff, including multi-rotor UAV/Drones :ugeek:
GarethRens
Site Admin

Re: Cracked software

Postby KevPerkins » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:02 pm

I think it's one of those sometimes right and sometimes wrong scenarios - It's the small software companies that have a hard time. The larger companies actually RELY on piracy to increase their rate of distribution to market. This sets them up as the defacto standard against which all future software solutions will be compared. A contact of mine who us a programmer and does some really high end consultancy work told me this practice is not openly promoted / publicized but is done as a formal strategy in big IT software companies.

In the big leagues it's "first to market" and biggest user footprint that ensures their revenues for the next few years.

Personally, I see arguments for and against but when it comes to getting free software to achieve something important in my business, I have no guilt issues.
Kevin Perkins WCc PgME M(ni)
"VTOL or nothing!...Airports are a system of control and extortion - nothing more!"
websites: http://www.kevinperkins.co.za

(world class comedian previously gifted mechanical engineer mother not impressed)
KevPerkins

Re: Cracked software

Postby TheFlytechguy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:15 pm

I personally have no problem with this kind of software so long as there is no malware involved...
TheFlytechguy

Return to RC Flight Simulators