• Advertisement

Recommended gear for a beginner FPV!

Discussions about First Person View flying

Recommended gear for a beginner FPV!

Postby Gamma » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:32 am

So like the topic, I am looking for some gear and advice to FPV.

I read all the topic already but still have some concerns and questions...

Is it better to just go all out and fork out the cash and get the Fatsharks and start with them, or buy a separate TX/RX and cam and use a screen and then later upgrade to goggles?

Also regarding frequency, will 2.4Ghz Transmitter really interfere that much with a 2.4Ghz FPV system? Theoretically you can just set the goggles to run on the high end of the 2.4 spectrum and it should not give that much interference? Personally I would not like 5.8 on something like FPV because you basically need LOS (Line of sight) the whole time since 5.8 does not really travel through trees and such at all. 2.4Ghz can do a bit better and go through things!

As this will be the first time, I want something that will not break on the first crash, since I am still in the learning process of flying! (Slow progress, but progress!)

And advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.
Beerlifting? Students, beer and multirotors... What can go wrong?
www.ptawug.co.za
Gamma

Re: Recommended gear for a beginner FPV!

Postby robone » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:46 pm

I went and bought the Fatshark Predator range, which comes with everything...Goggles, Tx, Rx, Camera...all running on 5.8Ghz. But, I can still only use it on Channel 1 (5.74Ghz) as I pick up harmonic interference from the 2.4Ghz RC Controller. Cost was, I think, $299 from HobbyKing

Rob
http://www.multirotor.co.za
| 3DRobotics | ZeroUAV | RC Tiger Motors | Vulcan SkyHook Airframes |
robone

Postby GarethRens » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:21 pm

I agree with Rob, get a complete system. It takes the stress off and normally works out cheaper!
http://www.stuffinc.co.za
We sell all kinds of stuff, including multi-rotor UAV/Drones :ugeek:
GarethRens
Site Admin

Postby cireland » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:22 pm

I am a new FPV flyer. I currently have a fatshark setup googles and transmitter. I am looking for a long range solution. I have looked at the immersion RC equipment as an option. Can anyone give some a shopping list of what I need and recommendations
cireland

Return to FPV