• Advertisement

Rabbit Flight Controller feedback, and settings.

Discussions about the Rabbit Flight Controller

Rabbit Flight Controller feedback, and settings.

Postby Gamma » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:04 pm

I thought I might share my findings about the Rabbit flight controller for those interested in maybe getting it, or to get it as a cheap backup.

I have been flying with it now for 2 weeks and its extremely stable, not a Naza or a X6 stable but close to it. Its got loads of features, and works pretty well all in all.

I tested the GPS Position hold over the weekend, and I was impressed. In winds of 15kmp+ it held the location within 1m. I also tested the GoHome function, but it seems that its currently not working as it should...so I suggest to anyone don't rely on it.
Ultrasonic height hold is working as intended but there is a bit of a dead zone if you go higher and out of the ultrasonic's range, and it switches over to the barometer.

As for flight, it was really smooth and responsive.

I have yet to test the Acrobatic mode of it, but since I am still quite new at flying, it will still be some time before I attempt it.

But above are my findings so far, ill post more updates, and issues as I fly and find them! But all in all I really like the Rabbit so far.
Beerlifting? Students, beer and multirotors... What can go wrong?
www.ptawug.co.za
Gamma

Re: Rabbit Flight Controller feedback, and settings.

Postby robone » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:52 pm

I am amazed that this FC has not taken off. It really is better than a lot of FC's that are on the market. I am glad you are enjoying it. They must have improved the FW a lot on the GPS, because when I last tried it, the PH was not that great, but then I was in at the early stages.

What i really enjoyed was the way you could just throw it around.

Cheers
Rob
http://www.multirotor.co.za
| 3DRobotics | ZeroUAV | RC Tiger Motors | Vulcan SkyHook Airframes |
robone

Re: Rabbit Flight Controller feedback, and settings.

Postby Gamma » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:53 pm

So I thought I might give some feedback on the Rabbit flight controller!

Its stable, works great but it has some flaws.
With a bit of fine tuning and trimming it will stay in one place quite well.

I had a bit of trouble at one point, and it seems like the digital compass on the rabbit failed or is full of issue, but I simply disabled it and kept on going. The compass is only used for Carefree mode and heading lock, and both of which I don't really use.

Height lock works quite nice if your settings are correct, so no issues there.

And now for the fun thing, the acrobat or 3D mode as they call it. I had no idea what it was, and there was no documentation of it so I enabled it on one of my channels and went flying with it, and was I shocked. 3D mode is basically for only 1 thing : Flips. I found out the hard way and crashed a few times. Once you get use to the mode its quite fun and a nice way to show off to other people.

And lastly some issues that I picked up on. The software for the FC is crappy. With all the features enabled it takes some time to do all the checks on a start up but its minor (10-30sec depending on GPS). And lastly there is no fail safe really.

But if you look past the flaws its a amazing FC and would recommend it to anyone that can get it.
Started flying aggressively and with no stabilization on recently so will give some more feedback on that once I have something worth reporting.

As for the settings. I am running the default 450mm settings you get with the app, but with DynStability at +10
Beerlifting? Students, beer and multirotors... What can go wrong?
www.ptawug.co.za
Gamma

Return to Rabbit FC