• Advertisement

Postage delays

Complain HERE! :evil: We will endeavor to get a representative from the company in question to resolve your complaint!
Most issues are resolved quickly when aired on a public forum!

Postage delays

Postby JohanMoelich » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:02 pm

Is anyone else experiencing delays with packages from overseas lately? Usually my packages are in my hands within 2 weeks from posting, but I've been waiting for longer than 3 weeks on a package from China. :rant:
JohanMoelich

Re: Postage delays

Postby hennisdk » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:32 pm

JohanMoelich wrote:Is anyone else experiencing delays with packages from overseas lately? Usually my packages are in my hands within 2 weeks from posting, but I've been waiting for longer than 3 weeks on a package from China. :rant:

I received my order from hobbyking yesterday, 10 days from order. but still waiting for one package from Singapore and one from the states (this was sent 14 August with priority mail).
:facepalm:

Hennis
hennisdk

Postby JohanMoelich » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Mine was also posted 14 Aug (the shop said it was posted 4 Aug but tracking info shows 14th, the bastids)
Last tracking info was the 18th in China, then nothing after that. Customs says it's still not in SA.
JohanMoelich

Postby hennisdk » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:03 pm

JohanMoelich wrote:Mine was also posted 14 Aug (the shop said it was posted 4 Aug but tracking info shows 14th, the bastids)
Last tracking info was the 18th in China, then nothing after that. Customs says it's still not in SA.

I think SA will win the award for the worst government business ever!

Well Atleast I just got an email back from SAPO that my priority left Thswane last night, so should be here.

Still nothing for the one from singapore, and that is my camera.

Hopefully the good model and not the bad model.
hennisdk

Postby DanZ » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Within the last two and half weeks I have orderd from two places in the states and one order from HK. All 3 have arrived, all three were sent priority mail. I was getting worried about my RMRC order from the states as SAPO said the tracking number does not exist... But thankfully It arrived.

The only place I have been let down before with shipping was from RCtimer, they lied about the date it shipped. Took two weeks just to get a tracking number from them and when I did get the tracking number I see they only sent it that day. This was also on priority EMS shipping which I had paid like $75 for!!! I wasn't happy...
DanZ

Postby JohanMoelich » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:22 pm

We still have half decent postal service here. I've heard horror stories from other countries, including Brazil where they replace your items with wooden blocks at customs, or Italy where they confiscate your Turnigy radios because it's not certified. I'll take SA any day above that. At least I've never lost a package or its contents yet, out of more than 30 overseas packages so far.
JohanMoelich

Postby DanZ » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Ye, thats true Johan. The package I got from HK was covered in SARS tape saying that it had been inspected. Everything was there and accounted for :)
DanZ

Postby JohanMoelich » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Something I've noticed is that Cape Town Customs is terrible. If you're reading this, Cape Town Customs, take note: you're terrible! :judge:
Durmail (Durban depot) is fast and efficient. My packages are in and out there within two days. Cape Town takes a week or more.
Durmail charge me VAT plus R30 handling, and sometimes they don't even charge the handling fee. Cape Town nails you with whatever rates they can think of, on exactly the same item.
JohanMoelich

Postby scanman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:12 pm

rctimer on small packages is really fast - 2 weeks. i even put the wrong post code on one so the guy from durmail smsd me, i phoned him back and 2 days later it was here.
rather dont buy like 8 motors and esc's all at once, put them in small packages they seem to arrive quicker and cheaper .
other stuff from ebay i have waited 8 weeks for , some stuff i ordered 25 july its still not here
scanman

Postby JohanMoelich » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:22 am

I just found an interesting feature on the 17track site. Go to the link below, and choose the following:
Main country (eg. China)
Package type
Child Country (South Africa)

Click on Search, and it will give you a graph of delivery times over the last few months. Interesting to see how big the delay is over December and January.

http://www.17track.net/ReportEn.html?cv=206
JohanMoelich

Next

Return to RANTS & RAVES