• Advertisement

SA Beer Lift Competition 2012 VIDEOS!!!

This is where all breaking news lives :)

Re: SA Beer Lift Competition 2012 VIDEOS!!!

Postby vukko » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:33 pm

ET51 wrote:
Reynier wrote: I downloaded the telemeatry and the drone went up 1489 Meter and into the cloud

I think you might hold some sort of record for highest quad copter flown in South Africa

That's an incredible altitude, and to think that it landed softly in a bush only 3 blocks away, and then found again!
vukko

Postby Gamma » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 pm

Nooooo! Someone beat me :wavecry: Good bye first place...

Anyway well done with the lift! But I think you can do way more than that though. A Octa should do more than 2.6kg?

A bit off topic but that quite a unique frame design you have there... Mind me asking what you use your multirotor for?
Beerlifting? Students, beer and multirotors... What can go wrong?
www.ptawug.co.za
Gamma

Postby hennisdk » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:52 pm

My second SA Drones Beer Lift Competition 2012 video. Hoping to get some Style point with the "Biltong Express".
Need to win that Qu4d frame.
Thanks guys for the opportunity!

hennisdk

Postby vukko » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Gamma wrote:Nooooo! Someone beat me :wavecry: Good bye first place...

Anyway well done with the lift! But I think you can do way more than that though. A Octa should do more than 2.6kg?

A bit off topic but that quite a unique frame design you have there... Mind me asking what you use your multirotor for?

Hey Gamma

Indeed it should lift plenty more. Prob is always amps though - need more power captain!

Not using the machine for anything specific at the moment, except flying/crashing/flying/crashing/destroying props ;) Would be nice to carry a camera at some point.
vukko

Postby Gamma » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:27 pm

vukko wrote:

Hey Gamma

Indeed it should lift plenty more. Prob is always amps though - need more power captain!

Not using the machine for anything specific at the moment, except flying/crashing/flying/crashing/destroying props ;) Would be nice to carry a camera at some point.

Turnigy 35C NanoTech batteries! They are BEASTLY.
Would recommend getting them if you need more amps, unless your ESCs are to weak.

But yea Congrats with the beerlift, See you got yourself a 2nd place!
www.ptawug.co.za
Gamma

Postby vukko » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Gamma wrote:Turnigy 35C NanoTech batteries! They are BEASTLY.
Would recommend getting them if you need more amps, unless your ESCs are to weak.

Absolutely BEASTLY I know, but this brings a new dilemma, do I spend my hard-earned cash on beer (to lift of course, not to drink) or on batteries :roll:

Gamma wrote:But yea Congrats with the beerlift, See you got yourself a 2nd place!

Well done to you too man, see you got 1st! ...even though you were waving it goodbye :P
vukko

Postby Gamma » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:03 pm

vukko wrote:
Gamma wrote:Turnigy 35C NanoTech batteries! They are BEASTLY.

Absolutely BEASTLY I know, but this brings a new dilemma, do I spend my hard-earned cash on beer (to lift of course, not to drink) or on batteries :roll:

Gamma wrote:But yea Congrats with the beerlift, See you got yourself a 2nd place!

Well done to you too man, see you got 1st! ...even though you were waving it goodbye :P

Indeed. Did not think I would still be 1st. Would have loved the frame though! Looks epic, but at least I can now fly at night :D!
www.ptawug.co.za
Gamma

Postby vukko » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:29 pm

Gamma wrote:Indeed. Did not think I would still be 1st. Would have loved the frame though! Looks epic, but at least I can now fly at night :D!

Lol nice one - night flying is cool, UFO-type stuff!

That Octo frame btw is made from aluminium burglar bars [rectangular tubes]. In the center is a home-made carbon fiber plate bolted to it to hold it all rigid.
vukko

Postby Gamma » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:31 am

vukko wrote:
Gamma wrote:Indeed. Did not think I would still be 1st. Would have loved the frame though! Looks epic, but at least I can now fly at night :D!

Lol nice one - night flying is cool, UFO-type stuff!

That Octo frame btw is made from aluminium burglar bars [rectangular tubes]. In the center is a home-made carbon fiber plate bolted to it to hold it all rigid.

How does it fly?
Quite interested in the way that the bars don't meet at a central point, never thought of it!
www.ptawug.co.za
Gamma

Postby vukko » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:47 pm

It flies well, much like any other octo. The frame design doesn't affect the orientation of the motors, they are still in a circular arrangement as with the 'conventional' design of a central frame with arms radiating out.

YouTube
vukko

Previous

Return to NEWS