• Advertisement

KK Multicopter

Discussion about any Autopilot or Flight Controller

KK Multicopter

Postby Xarchitex » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:19 am

Hi all,

I'm starting this thread as a "place holder" as I start to build and set up my 1st quad.

Compared to the other controllers, I know the KKM (let's use that for short :) ) is very basic and doesn't do autonomous flight etc. But for ~$30 complete with a programmer card, this is definitely one for the beginner. (I hope, or else you'll read my recommendations later on in this thread :) )

Some specs of the one I've got:

- KK multicontroller V5.5 controller board V2.2 program with config quadcopter
- With 3pcs gyros, relying on potentiometer adjust gyro sensitivity
- Full servo signal output, support normal ESC / analog servo
- Support for 3-axis, 4-axis, 6-axis, V22 flight mode
- Supports 4-axis "+" and "X" flight mode, support for six-axis "HEX6" and "Y6" flight mode

I doubt that the board is from the original guys at http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/ but if it works, I'll fly :)

Pics and videos and experiences will follow.
D
Xarchitex

Re: KK Multicopter

Postby Xarchitex » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Follow-up about the build.

Over 2 evenings I have built my quad. Including the KK Multicopter Black board.

Had the ESC set up and plugged in everything, but I keep getting beeps and only 1 motor was working. So I found out that the board came packaged with only a test firmware and still had to be programmed for the X-quad.

Just a bit of background, this board is the Ebay type version made somewhere in China. It comes with a programmer and a CD, and herein lies the most time I spent trying to build the quad. The CD is in Chinese only, and no English version of the software is available on the net. The programmer also will only work with the Chinese software... So it had me stumped.

But, looking at the board itself, you'll notice that it's got an ISP plug, onto which the programmer connects. Finally I decided to build my own programmer using an Arduino and the cable from the Chinese programmer. Eventually success! Used an app call KKMulticopterFlashTool. Flashed the latest version of the X-copter firmware and it finally worked. All motors were running.

Went for the first test flight, but alas, the quad kept spinning clockwise.... After another couple of hours of googling, I found that the YAW gyro is reversed. Fixed that easily with a few settings and Maiden Flight #2!

Perfect takeoff!! The quad lifted and kept it position. Had to trim a little here and there, but she was flying smoothly!

My training started and VERY soon I killed 3 props... So have to wait for the new ones to be delivered before I can continue. The little flying I did do showed that she is mind blowingly fast! Almost too fast for me to keep track of her, and then I get confused push her into obstacles... Looking forward to more flying though!
Xarchitex

Re: KK Multicopter

Postby skywalker000 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:38 pm

I am also new into drones , I am looking at buying me the Hubsan X6 at neotronics- http://neotronics.co.za/index.php?route ... uct_id=129. Once I have that I will move on to more advanced ones.. Looking at then hopefully buying me the DJI phantom :mrgreen:
skywalker000

Return to General Autopilots & Flight Controllers