• Advertisement

Anyone having Naza M lite issues?

All things DJI related

Anyone having Naza M lite issues?

Postby hrefab » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:45 am

Got my first Naza M Lite unit the other day (2 of them actually). All seemed fine but have had no luck with them communicating with the assistant and radio.
At first I thought that it was a bind problem with my Spektrum AR7000. But I tried several receivers, set up in DSM2 and DSMX, moved to a DX7S radio fromt he DX8 and still no luck. Went all the way to an AR10000 with 3 satellites and finally realized that the RXs were binding just fine but the NAZA wasn't communicating with the RX. No red light on the MC although the LED worked for a bit. Then got 4 green lights and then flashing orange. Wound up pullign the unit and sending back to ATLANTA HOBBY who were very nice about the whole thing. Have never had any issues with NAZA M or H, but they were V1 and V2 models. This is my first Lite unit and so far, I'm not having much luck.

I got it to work briefly but then it went back to 'dead status'. I double and triple checked all the solder connections and they were spot on, clean shiny and solid. All ESC's getting the exact same voltage, polarity proper etc. etc.

Just baffled at this point. Anyone have similar problems or solutions?
Thanks
hrefab

Re: Anyone having Naza M lite issues?

Postby GarethRens » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi Hrefab

Sorry for the late reply, all this xmas crap has got me snowed under (pun intended ;)

Iv setup 50-60 nazas and never had a problem like you described (they were mostly naza-m's).
However, I had an IMU on a WKM heat up to the point of melting the plastic housing. This wasnt a factory fault as the imu was fresh out the sea ;)

The GPS should definitely not get hot, perhaps one of the voltage regs on the canbus was fused closed or a manufacturing fault, solder bridge etc.
QC should of picked that up, but i guess even monkeys fall out of trees...

Where is this atlanta hobby based? Perhaps they sending duds?
I make a point of testing all fc's that i sell to prevent problems like this.
I figure its easier to check the stuff before selling it than have it sent back after it breaks ;)

Where about are you based?

G:)
http://www.stuffinc.co.za
We sell all kinds of stuff, including multi-rotor UAV/Drones :ugeek:
GarethRens
Site Admin

Postby hrefab » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Hello Gareth:

First off Merry Christmas!

I'm in New York (USA) and Atlanta Hobby is based in the state of Georgia (Also USA). Funny you should say that about duds. This is the second unit that I've gotten from them that has malfunctioned. I sent a complete unit back to them for replacement and so far, they have been very receptive and responsive to the problems. Now all I have to do is wait to see how long it takes for them to send a fresh unit back.

I'll keep you posted.

By the way, this is probably the BEST site on the internet for this type of information. Thank you!
hrefab

Postby GarethRens » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:23 pm

Merry Christmas to you too!

Thank you for the kind words! I try my best to reply to everyone, but alas I dont always succeed...

I'm the only admin running everything and it can get a little overwhelming running 3 businesses and a community forum.

This is just an idea, but I have heard of some companies selling knock off fc's. If you continue having problems, i suggest you take it up with DJI China.
Send them the serial number of the fc and get them to check if it was dispatched to Atlanta hobbies.

Unfortunately as any company gets bigger, things start to fall through the cracks. When you make 100 fc's, 1 or 2 are duds (which should be filtered out by QC)
When you make 10 000, 100 or 200 are duds and you get more returns, QED.
Also an electronic device can test perfectly in shop, but after shipping, rough handling, extreme temps etc, they can fail. Its a bug bear of our society and one
of the little problems with mass production.

Hope you have an awesome xmas and new year!

G:)
http://www.stuffinc.co.za
We sell all kinds of stuff, including multi-rotor UAV/Drones :ugeek:
GarethRens
Site Admin

Postby hrefab » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:32 am

Still waiting for Atlanta Hobby to return my unit. According to them it was "on the shipping dock" a few days ago. We are having some bad weather here, so that usually makes the Post Office useless (that old chestnut about "neither rain, nor snow, nor gloom of night shall keep the postman from his appointed rounds" went out of fashion when Gas Lamps came about :lol: In the meantime, I've been working with that TARANIS radio and finding it to be quite amazing.
hrefab

Postby hrefab » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:17 am

I am way way late in posting this, Must have become a bear and hibernated for the past couple of months! Anyway, I wanted to let you know that Atlanta Hobby was absolutely 100% with their customer service. They replaced the defective Naza M Lite units and no drama at all. I know that you are on the other side of the pond, but if you need to buy from a company here in the states, Atlanta Hobby is a very reliable choice. Now all I ahve to do is remember everythign I thought I knew LAST year!
hrefab

Return to DJI Innovations