• Advertisement

DJI Naza V4.00 Firmware

All things DJI related

DJI Naza V4.00 Firmware

Postby ShadowSA » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:09 am

Hi

Firmware 4.00 released last night and is available to flash with v2.18 assistant. I flashed mine but have not flown it yet. You need to recalibrate GPS and gyro, I'd like to do that at the field.

Post if you have flown with V4. I will probably go flying around 1pm today and post the results.

Cheers
ShadowSA

Re: DJI Naza V4.00 Firmware

Postby GarethRens » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:31 am

Dear Test Pilot ;)

Haven't tried V4. I normally stay 2 releases back as I cant afford to crash a 30K copter, or risk a fly away ;)

Be careful with latest releases :)

Fly safe and let us know how it goes! Also try post some videos!

G:)
http://www.stuffinc.co.za
We sell all kinds of stuff, including multi-rotor UAV/Drones :ugeek:
GarethRens
Site Admin

Postby ShadowSA » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi

Ok, two tests done. one Phantom upgraded to V4 and one F440. Wind was insane. 10km/h+ and gusty.

Results:
Phantom with defaults restored: Slightly more aggressive, much better take off and more responsive. Tighter turns, less drift in high speed cornering.

F440. I do not have defaults to restore to, so I put the settings back to what they were on 3.16. On 3.16 I upped the gains to 170% roll and pitch and 140% yaw. This turned out to be way to high for V4. I had a very stable hover in the wind, but glitchie behaviour when cornering. I will drop the gains and try in less wind.

Overall not a bad feel to it.
ShadowSA

Postby GarethRens » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Great stuff! What did you think of the semi auto takeoff?

I managed to get one test flight in with my new hexa

YouTube

I havent flown in a while...
GarethRens
Site Admin

Postby robone » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Just for interest...I received this from DJI this morning:

So all you guys/gals with DJI products should now be smiling.

Please kindly notice DJI Innovations just released Naza-M V2’s new firmware, V4.00. And this firmware supports 16 waypoints for free !

For details of it, please visit: http://www.dji.com/dji-released-naza-m-firmware-4-00/. Now both the PC and iOS version Ground Station software is available.

In order to experience the free 16 waypoint and ground station functions, what our customer need is a 2.4G datalink bluetooth device. The datalink need to be connected to the PMU of Naza-M V2, and Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal, iOSD mini and BTU can also be connected together. (Please refer to the attached photos for the connection layout).

And it is amazing that Phantom supports free 16 waypoints also. However, the Phantom upgrade kit cannot support 2.4G datalink because no CAN-BUS connector on the new main board. Our customers need a PMU for Naza-M V2 to connect 2.4G datalink on the Phantom.

Please also notice, if our customers need to experience the free 50 waypoint funtion on the Wookong-M controller, they need to upgrade to the V5.26 firmware for Wookong-M at first. For the connection layout on the Wookong-M, please also refer to the photos in the attachment and replace the PMU of Naza-M V2 by the PMU of Wookong-M.

Cheers
Rob
http://www.multirotor.co.za
| 3DRobotics | ZeroUAV | RC Tiger Motors | Vulcan SkyHook Airframes |
robone

Postby GarethRens » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:47 pm

WOW! Thats fracking awesome! Finally affordable waypoints :mbounce:
GarethRens
Site Admin

Postby adamengineering » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:37 pm

so a big kick in the ass for those that spent money on the wookong-m with 50 waypoints as i see it ? or am i wrong ?

can any of the dji dealers in SA find out if you have the wookong-m package with 50 waypoints if its possible to pay a difference and upgrade to A2 ?
adamengineering

Postby hrefab » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:44 pm

I upgradeed my Bee550 to the 4.0 as well as my Hexa550. All in all it appears to be very stable. However, the "Geo Fence" or "Limits" does not work as advertised (at least for me). When I set the limit (radius) to let's say 50 meters, the quad will fly to the limit and stop as planned. The problem is that I can't get it off the fence at that point. Initially, it would be 'stuck' on the fence for about 1:30 (a minute and a half) and then finally restore control. Now, it just hangs there. I still have yaw and throttle (altitude) control, but no way to fly it back into the operations zone. I have written to DJI but they haven't responded with any suitable fix or solution. I think that this was implemented to address the "flyaway" issue, but while it works ALMOST as planned, it's still not usable in current form. Switching to ATTI has no effect, but when I switched to Manual, the Quad simple fell out of the sky. Hardly my idea of recovery :facepalm:
hrefab

Postby hrefab » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:32 pm

UPDATE:

Took the BEE550 out this afternoon. Set limit to 10Meters. Auto Takeoff worked fine, GPS was full lock, but seemed to not be as "Locked in" as it usually is. Some drift and some wander. Flew Quad to the limit and it stopped and lingered. Tried the "right Aileron trick" that had been mentioned elsewhere (Rotate Quad so that a Right Aileron Input would fly off the fence). No apparent effect. Quad remained stuck on 'fence limit'. Had Yaw and Throttle control. Quad then flew back into control zone after approximately 15 seconds (far better than previous minute plus times).
Repeated several times and each time, quad responded within 15 seconds or so. Flight did not feel as secure, but limit seemed to be working. Further testing is really needed before I can sign off on the effectiveness of the limit (Correction, effectiveness has been proven, USABILITY is the issue).
hrefab

Postby spiff » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:08 am

guys has these issue with V4 been fixed or is it still problematic?
spiff

Next

Return to DJI Innovations