• Advertisement

DJI Naza V4.00 Firmware

All things DJI related

Re: DJI Naza V4.00 Firmware

Postby hrefab » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi Spiff:

I think a month and a half between posts indicates that we're the only two people in this discussion! :lol: I'm not aware of any real 'fix' being offered yet. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
hrefab

Postby spiff » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:01 pm

so it seems hrefab, so are you happy with V4 yet?
spiff

Postby hrefab » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi Spiff:

All in all, I DO like the V4.0 firmware. It seems to be very stable, Auto Takeoff works just fine, I haven't seen any 'oddities' in the way it flys so I think that DJI has done a very nice job of putting new firmware together.

The Limits are an annoyance (being stuck on the fence) and it seems that sometimes it allows you to get 'off the fence' in relatively short order (15 seconds or so) while other times it hangs there for an interminable amount of time.

Not having a "Write/Write All" button is a little odd (I don't like having to "trust" the software), but so far, it has performed as designed. I just built a new Hexa and flashed the Naza M/GPS with the new 4.0 firmware and it flew great right off. I have a Naza V1 on this new Hexa and it does take a bit of time for it to initialize (1 to 2 mintues). It IS very cold here in New York so that may be a contributing factor.

I had written to DJI but as yet have no new response. I also fly Heli's and have a Trex 600 with a Wookong /Gps on it that I am having big problems with. Lift off and it's like flying a Pogo Stick. (As you probably know, Pogo Sticks fly VERY POORLY). My Trex 550 with Wookong (no GPS) flys fine. Go figure? DJI doesn't answer THAT email either :lol:
hrefab

Postby spiff » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:52 am

strange that you have the problem with the fence - as in DJI video they don't or maybe they doctored the video? DJI don't seem to want to communicate with there customers :|

so the V4 does not suffer the issues that the V3 had then? maybe I will upgrade.
spiff

Postby spiff » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:19 pm

spiff

Postby TomasB » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:32 am

[quote="robone"]Just for interest...I received this from DJI this morning:

So all you guys/gals with DJI products should now be smiling.

Please kindly notice DJI Innovations just released Naza-M V2’s new firmware, V4.00. And this firmware supports 16 waypoints for free !

For details of it, please visit: http://www.dji.com/dji-released-naza-m-firmware-4-00/. Now both the PC and iOS version Ground Station software is available.

In order to experience the free 16 waypoint and ground station functions, what our customer need is a 2.4G datalink bluetooth device. The datalink need to be connected to the PMU of Naza-M V2, and Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal, iOSD mini and BTU can also be connected together. (Please refer to the attached photos for the connection layout).

Hello ...do you have the photos of layout for Naza V2,iosd mini,pmu and ground station (air end) to be connected without a can hub?
TomasB

Previous

Return to DJI Innovations