• Advertisement

remote switch off LED

All things DJI related

remote switch off LED

Postby adamengineering » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:14 pm

hi

anyone know if its possible to remote switch off the LED, when i fly at night for covert reasons with thermal i would like to switch off the blinking LED light.

any ideas appreciated
adamengineering

Re: remote switch off LED

Postby Collin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:34 pm

Just unplug it you don't need it to fly. so as soon as you see it is ready to fly just unplug it.

What type of thermal do you use?

And what does it price?
Collin

Postby adamengineering » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Collin wrote:Just unplug it you don't need it to fly. so as soon as you see it is ready to fly just unplug it.

In pitch black i would like to launch and land with LED and also activate it in case i crash

Collin wrote:What type of thermal do you use?

A brand i am a distributor of, manufactured in china with same cores as FLIR called BD384

Collin wrote:And what does it price?

R45 000 for 384 x 288 resolution

a cheaper alternative is DRS if you can close a deal direct with them or their USA distributors, you looking at around $2000 excl accessories and shipping, vat and duties when it arrives here and its 320 x 240 resolution

FlIR tau series is there as well around the $3500 mark for 320 resolution excluding accessories and shipping , still need to factor vat and duties once it gets here .

the other thing about USA thermals is they need time to screen your information and take detailed info on what you need the thermal for as they dont want guys developing weapons with the thermals so that process can sometimes take +-2 - 4 weeks.

you can also use the pathFindIR thermal which is used in some of the vehicles night vision systems but its big and bulky, but does work!! a guy in west rand uploaded a youtube video with his patchfindIR on a hexacopter.

moral of the story buy from me, i screen you but have stock locally, warranty local and i know the product i don't sell you from a brochure :-)
adamengineering

Postby Collin » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:25 am

The reason for all the questions is, We also import thermals from China and USA. Have been screened by USA. Been dealing in thermals for the past 8 years.

Nice to meet some one with the same passion.

You Must install OSD and fly FPV then you don't need the LED at all. The OSD gives you your GPS Co ordinates if the drone goes down so you could retrieve it again.

Where are you based?

regards

Collin Nel
Collin

Postby adamengineering » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:28 pm

NICE !

pity i didn't know of you before buyimg , you probably could have saved me the headache.

based in Johannesburg

i am flying fpv but the GPS dji mark2 doesn't show any co-ordinates. i will try and figure what i am doing wrong.

thanks for the help
adamengineering

Postby GarethRens » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:16 pm

With regards to a remote activated LED.

An arduino pro mini or nano with 3 or 4 micro relays would do the trick nicely.
The arduino would be connected to a channel on your receiver so you can use a switch or know on your transmitter to activate different leds or turn them all off.

G:)
http://www.stuffinc.co.za
We sell all kinds of stuff, including multi-rotor UAV/Drones :ugeek:
GarethRens
Site Admin

Postby adamengineering » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:00 pm

ooh ! ok interesting

and no one managed to do this on the wookong-m ?
adamengineering

Postby GarethRens » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:08 pm

What do you mean?

You could use the before mentioned arduino device on any platform. It would function independently.
http://www.stuffinc.co.za
We sell all kinds of stuff, including multi-rotor UAV/Drones :ugeek:
GarethRens
Site Admin

Postby adamengineering » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:25 am

ok, understood.

thanks will try out and see
adamengineering

Return to DJI Innovations