• Advertisement

New 3.12 firmware problems?

All things DJI related

New 3.12 firmware problems?

Postby TheFlytechguy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi all I updated my Naza with the 3.12 FW offered from the DJI website, since then I have wrecked two frames as the quad has developed a "fly away" tendency, meaning I have no control in any of the axis, its as though the unit is in a failsafe mode and any stick input has no effect on the craft. To get it down (it carries on climbing after takeoff no matter the throttle position) I have to shut down the motors and the thing obviously falls out the sky. The gains also seem very high even though I have tried turning them down as low as 20 and I have them set up on a slider on the TX, the craft has a high speed oscillation no matter what I do...

When I was surfing the Flitetest.com website I encountered some guys in the UK that have had the same issues so mine is not an isolated experience, I have aslo logged a report thru the DJI website so lets see?
TheFlytechguy

Re: New 3.12 firmware problems?

Postby TheFlytechguy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:46 pm

So I downgraded the firmware back to 2.x and it is a lot better, but still I don't feel as safe flying it as I did when I first bought it....maybe twice bitten = very shy. I managed to crash it AGAIN yesterday, I put it into the failsafe mode (on purpose) to test the RTH, the GPS had good signal as I had green light flashing before take off and even waited 30seconds before lifting off. The IOC was working well as well meaning the GPS had good lock, I flipped the switch to enter failsafe and the thing shot up, tilted towards me ( the way it shot up had me concerned), also the way it didn't hold position as it is supposed to before moving.

It tilted toward me, flew over my head and kept going, then I knew something was wrong, I flipped it out of failsafe but because it had done a couple of piroettes while flying over head I got disorientated and started stirring sticks. Long story short it landed with a large thump and broke an arm and the GPS stalk (thats all amazingly, no props!!), I am ready to throw in the towel with DJI and get an APM....I know the APM can have issues but at least I can report them and (hopefully) not wait 3 weeks for a response telling me to try downgrading the firmware....
TheFlytechguy

Postby spiff » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:20 am

oh great I just bought one :? :facepalm:
spiff

Postby TheFlytechguy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:54 pm

Well another update, I have been flying the older firmware now for a while and I am now happy with the Naza again, I have also disabled the RTH feature as well as the IOC, so its pretty basic again, hovers well holds GPS well etc.
TheFlytechguy

Return to DJI Innovations