• Advertisement

ER9x Turnigy Firmware Upgrade

Discussions about anything related to RC Transmitters & Receivers.

Re: ER9x Turnigy Firmware Upgrade

Postby scanman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:27 am

i had the same problem, i thought it was only me with sausages for fingers.

the timer is useful : you can assign the on-screen timer to count-down/ count up and assign it to start on throttle or on a switch.

i also got the flysky working with the Flight simulator over usb and over sound card , but it took me a while to figure out you have to unplug the radio module .

the guy who wrote that software spent A LOT OF TIME.
scanman

Postby JohanMoelich » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:39 am

They're still releasing updates with improvements every now and then. Open Source is never done :ugeek:
JohanMoelich

Postby delabu » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:12 am

The ER9x upgrade is the best thing you can do for your radio. There is not enough space here to list all it's virtues!

I also find the momentary trim switch doesn't help that much, unless you put it on the left hand. Then at least you can trim the right hand (I fly mode 2) without moving that hand.

I also find the throttle linked timer very useful. You can also store more models than stock, and the annoying beeping is gone, and the mixes are insane (and much easier to do) and you can blend in signals from the buddy box, allowing the trainee from full control to mixed control (your inputs and his inputs are added, instead of one or the other having control).

This is really cool if you are helping a more experienced pupil and you just want to add a bit of control every now and again, or when you have a buddy helping you with FPV that you trust to just take control when needed and and and.... just get it already! Thank us later.
delabu

Postby GarethRens » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:43 pm

The only way you can truly appreciate the er9x upgrade is if you've moered around with the original stock firmware...... :rasp:
http://www.stuffinc.co.za
We sell all kinds of stuff, including multi-rotor UAV/Drones :ugeek:
GarethRens
Site Admin

Postby henlo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:43 am

I ordered myself a USBasp AVR Programming Device for ATMEL processors to do the ER9x mod. While I was waiting for it I saw the smartieboard. I ordered that 2.
The USBasp arrived first, so I thought my soldering skills aren't that bad & I do have the right equipment, so I tried to do the mod myself. Mistake!!!! :-)
First, I struggled to get the right software - there are a lot to choose from & then the next happened, I burned 1 of my solder joints... :-( That cost me my radio because I couldn't program it anymore.

To make a long story short, I saw GarethRens post & tried him. Received my brand new Turnigy 9x with ER9x upgrade from him & let me tell you, it's worth EVERY penny! His work is VERY professional & his soldering even better! Received my radio within 2 days!
Great stuff GarethRens!!! :-) I can recommend him anytime!!! The ER9x upgrade is a must have!
henlo

Postby GarethRens » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:54 pm

Thank you for the kind words Henlo :D
Great to be of service!
http://www.stuffinc.co.za
We sell all kinds of stuff, including multi-rotor UAV/Drones :ugeek:
GarethRens
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Transmitters & Receivers