• Advertisement

Welcoming page for newcomers?

Submit all your comments and suggestions for improving the sadrones forum

Welcoming page for newcomers?

Postby Reynier » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:42 am

It would be a good idea for mewcomers to go to a welcoming page to say who they are, what they do "introducing" them selfs. You know just some kind of backrground. I hate just jumping into a forum and start chatting.
Reynier

Re: Welcoming page for newcomers?

Postby Gamma » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:53 pm

Ask and you shall receive!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=731

Looking forward to your post.
Beerlifting? Students, beer and multirotors... What can go wrong?
www.ptawug.co.za
Gamma

Postby Reynier » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:59 am

:woot:

Hello every one. I am Reynier From Durban the good place. I was ubder the impretion that i have introdused my self already but dont see that post. My spelling really suck a lot i must just say that up frunt. My wording is kind of even more kak but that is just to bad cause i dont feal like sugercote or spell check cause then i dono ware the blry hell i am,
Ok I have build my first drone November and it started flaying uptoo in desember and really took of well in Jan this year. It is a quad 4 x 1000 motors Ardupilot 2.5 and 11.4v batt. Gps and so on. Still like in the lunch tin configuration cause i whant to flay in the rail because it rains a lot here in natal. I just could not wait for the batterys to charge fast enough to flay again. My house is in the buch kind of look and and as you know it is soo overgroun here. Now you know ware i am going with this.

I un forchenetly like taking chanses and after the frendly game of cricket between the Sharks rugby team and ouer cricker team my friends went from the stadium to Florida rd a very popular hang out if you into the looking and acting cool thing The resturant was Spiga close to Wakkabery. Well every one in the groop was acting cool wilst i was just thinking how earlier my drone were vlaying 16 minits with my new bigger battery and how grait that was.

long story short at 6:45 (when we arived home and every one scatter in thare own ditection) it was still light enough to sneek off and grab my fully charged battery plug it in and flay in the light rain.

i fired it up stabalised and altitude hold,,,, play around and was soo cool. Removed altatude hold ind rocket up up up and suddenly disapeared in the clouds. Cut engen to 15% and nothing and nothing and sudenly in an unexpexted location from ware my drone entered i breafly se the x shape toumble out. Full throtle and woesh it stables but it was soo close to the ground and i lost oriontation and the power i applied to flay towords me it went the oppisit direction and vanished in a low mist and shit 3 seconds i relised i am in moerse kak....My hart throb and whant to pee my pans. I cut the engens and this morning after a breeg search Yesterday I relised the chance to fint my Love is slimm. I am not sure is I can say I am a doos but what an ass will do this...You never , well I never relised , ok wait let me refrase, you dont have to be smart to know the the outcume of what i was dooing but my Drone is missing.,,, Now I just wach the bear lifting competition and have an envious lough at the guys having fun with thare drones... :facepalm:

Im freeken droneliss.....misarable and stare at my controlls and my battery charger that i still have,,,,,honistly if i wasnt a dad and husband and have to ACT tough i would have been balling my eyes out right now... :baby:

Well now that is me at the moment .....let me gow and find some youTube clips of flaying drones :rip:
Reynier

Postby ET51 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:21 pm

Again, so sorry for your loss!
Make it, break it, fix it!
ET51

Postby hennisdk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi Reynier

Sorry for your loss.

Setup a grid area and go search for it, you will find it.
hennisdk

Postby Crazy1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm

I feel your pain.

My tricopter threw a prop down in Mosselbay over December. The slight vibration on my flight cam should have been a warning to me.

It fell on the beach, but by the time I got there smoke was bellowing from the speed controllers, looked like a proper crash site. A wave had submerged the copter in salt water. Basically all the electronics onboard are screwed, and I won't be able to trust the few parts that are still working. And who's got money this time of year to order new parts? Now it will have to wait.
Crazy1

Postby Reynier » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 am

hennisdk wrote:Hi Reynier

Sorry for your loss.

Setup a grid area and go search for it, you will find it.

Hennisdk << remember the plane that reasently crashed in Mozambique with the father and dad that passed away? i was part of the grouns search party and we were 13 houers on motorbikes with a scout with a rifle that will stop an elephant ded in its tracks (sorry eish we had to use the gun once and if any thing were to chase us , we would not make it cause long story short he shot the biggest hole in the chest and he aimed for the head?) But we combed the area and it is just sooo omposable to vind anything in the buch (Charanggosa nature resurve)...Locals eventuarly came across the plane and what was left inside. So I am hopping some kind person picks it up and returns it ro me?// lol that sounds so good.

I will still go and look every day just maybe i find it. Tks Guys
Reynier

Return to Comments & Suggestions