• Advertisement

Graupner Props 10x5

This discussion forum is for beginners and anyone new to UAV's and drones

Graupner Props 10x5

Postby hennisdk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi Everyone

Need your help. Anybody want to order Graupner props. :question:

Gareth can get a set of graupner 10x5 props( 1 x CW and 1 x CCW) for R170, but shipping is R300.

So if we order a few, shipping can be divided, and be much less. :yes:

Anyone interested?

Hennis
hennisdk
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Re: Graupner Props 10x5

Postby DanZ » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:24 pm

I might be interested, I was looking at the same props from electric wingman (R130.00 for props and R286.00 for shipping) and I was like :shock:

I'll ask a few buddies is they are also keen to chip in.
User avatar
DanZ
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:56 pm
Location: Durban

Re: Graupner Props 10x5

Postby scanman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:17 pm

will they stop me crashing 10 times more than these because they cost 10 times as much and probably break just as easy!

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=go ... oductname=
scanman
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: Graupner Props 10x5

Postby hennisdk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:51 am

scanman wrote:will they stop me crashing 10 times more than these because they cost 10 times as much and probably break just as easy!

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=go ... oductname=


I promise nothing :facepalm: . Just a more stable (vibration free, and worrie free) flight.

I have read a lot of bad things about the DJI props, but only when you load that sucker up with Gimbal, FPV and cameras. The props have to spin that much faster to keep the same thrust, so the props snap at the base. Have also seen numerous vids showing that.

If you have a normal setup, just frame with either a GoPro or FPV (not together) I would reckon you are safe.

The guys have been raving over these Graupner props, so I want to see what all the fuss is about.

Hennis
hennisdk
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Re: Graupner Props 10x5

Postby DanZ » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 am

Ye slowflyer props aren't really suited for multirotors mainly because they do not spin "slow" as per their namesake. APC suggest a RPM limit of 65000/prop diameter (in inches), so in most cases with a 900kv + motor you will be over this limit. I can't stand to use EPP props, I can here the props straining so badly in flight, as much as my wallet doesn't like it, better quality props are the way forward.
User avatar
DanZ
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:56 pm
Location: Durban

Re: Graupner Props 10x5

Postby hennisdk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:32 am

DanZ wrote:Ye slowflyer props aren't really suited for multirotors mainly because they do not spin "slow" as per their namesake. APC suggest a RPM limit of 65000/prop diameter (in inches), so in most cases with a 900kv + motor you will be over this limit. I can't stand to use EPP props, I can here the props straining so badly in flight, as much as my wallet doesn't like it, better quality props are the way forward.


Yep.

Still deciding between the Graupner 10x5 and the 11x5, seen a few guys fly with the 11x5 and they say it flies fine without overheating.
hennisdk
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Re: Graupner Props 10x5

Postby DanZ » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:35 am

10x5's would work perfectly on my QAV500, I already have plenty enough power with 10x4.5 Gemfans.
User avatar
DanZ
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:56 pm
Location: Durban

Re: Graupner Props 10x5

Postby hennisdk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:41 am

DanZ wrote:10x5's would work perfectly on my QAV500, I already have plenty enough power with 10x4.5 Gemfans.


Are the gemsfan also Slow Flyer props?
hennisdk
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Re: Graupner Props 10x5

Postby DanZ » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 am

Yes they are slowflyers, I use the carbon nylon props which are much better than standard EPP. But I would still like to go with Graupner E-Props or Xoar Precision Pair wooden props.
User avatar
DanZ
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:56 pm
Location: Durban

Re: Graupner Props 10x5

Postby hennisdk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:55 am

DanZ wrote:Yes they are slowflyers, I use the carbon nylon props which are much better than standard EPP. But I would still like to go with Graupner E-Props or Xoar Precision Pair wooden props.


The reason I am thinking of going with the 11x5, is that your normal slow flyer prop has more prop area. The Gruapner looks more like a normal prop, the the surface area is less than the slow flyer.

Chatted to a few guys about the Graupner props, even on an unloaded rig the hover point changes on the throttle when using the 10x5, I think with the 11x5 that will compensate for the surface area and bring the hover point back on the throttle.
hennisdk
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Next

Return to GETTING STARTED

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

  • Advertisement

x